Isn’t it amazing when all the signs of life line up just right. Your love emanates and you just are. Trying to get to it outside of yourself makes us crazy. Love is something that you have to embody in order to be it. It’s not something that you can find outside of yourself.
My recent trip to Maui in Hawaii was just that. I was aligned to my core essence. I was what I believe to be an embodiment of divine love. I felt like a living prayer wheel. I have never had an experience that transported me out of my “now” self and plunked me into a new “now” self instantaneously. One that had a vibration turned up so high, that I literally couldn’t be anything else other then love itself.
What’s amazing is what really happened. The veils of perception had an opportunity to be cleaned. I am still who I am. It’s just the belief of who I was has been cleared. The concept of understanding that when you are in your power, you are “Love in Action” and when you give your power away, you are a “Phantom in Action”. What is a phantom? A phantom is the illusion of being someone. Be it your beliefs or the illusion of being someone else maybe or not even being present. Our egos are definitely living phantoms.
Make a choice today to embody love and be love in action. That is true power.
Yesterday upon leaving my sons childcare, there was a trail of carrots and celery for a horse to come for a treat. Today my 2 1/2 year old was visited by St. Nicholas and this is the story that his dear caregiver told. I found it very touching that I thought I’d spread the sweetness on to you. I did have a photo of my sons slippers with an orange and a golden walnut, however I did a stupid thing this morning. I accidentally placed the SDcard into the cd slot on my computer. Boohoo…. and can’t retrieve it without bringing my computer in to get fixed. It was one of those moments as I saw it slip out of my fingers….and into the wrong spot.
I do hope you enjoy this. I found it a worthy read.
There was once a good and very kind man called Bishop Nicholas…
“Balance, my darling, is not letting anybody love you less than you love yourself.”
This is the time of year where we find ourselves believing we are “supposed to do” for our family, for our friends, for our kids, for our tradition.
What happens when you burn out? Then what? Are you overeating sugar? Are you numbing out on the computer or TV? Or are you just craving something that you can’t put your finger on.
Balance is so important, but for some it becomes another “To Do” on your list of plenty.
So how do you fight the overdoing? How do you stop and think? How do you say, “My needs matter? And actually follow through with self-care?”
5 Simple things to knock the cravings down and find joy in your holiday tote.
1) Listen to music that relaxes you. Subconsciously your body slows down and takes its cues from the environment.
2) Get enough sleep. Easier said than done. I am notorious for NOT following this rule. I am trying though.
3) Avoid eating unnecessary sugar. It will bring mood swings, keep you up at night, make you feel good only temporarily, put on the holiday pounds. Instead, ask yourself “what am I craving?” Listen to what your intuition tells you. It might surprise you. It may have nothing to do with food. It may be craving self-care like a nap or drinking more water. It may be saying to slow down and breathe. You won’t know unless you ask.
4) Say no more often. Avoid the obligations. Ask yourself if it brings you joy. If it doesn’t, then saying no is ok. Keep your life more simple at this time of the year. Speeding things up and taking on more only makes you feel less joy. Look to see what the essence of the holidays brings for you and then declare it. Is it peace? Is it joy? Is it warmth and coziness? Whatever you’re craving, it will come to you easier when you declare it.
5) Remember to eat. Skipping meals because you have so much on your plate starts the train wreck and ends with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s. Or worse, knocking your immune system down and you get run down and begin to feel a cold coming on. Keep your water intake up, keep your food intake going and you may notice you are looking less for the afternoon pickup and smiling more.
Whatever you find that you are craving, be willing to ask yourself questions. Blindly running on empty is setting you up for a fall. This is a special time of year. Give yourself a hug, drink some tea and simplify your day.
As opposed to what are you grateful for? There is a significant deeper meaning in what we are grateful to. I am grateful to my family for bringing a profound healing in my life today. So much love is coming into my well-being of life. I am turning an incredible corner and I can feel how blissful it is. EFT has become my best friend.
It was said it would never be easy, but then again, why not? Happy Thanksgiving…
ENJOY this remarkable song.
Enjoy 50% 0ff on my guided meditation called “The Practice”. It is a love bath that will heal every aspect of your being.
“Life does not play tricks on you. Your mind does.”
Only when we know better, do we do better. Does emotional freedom exist? Do you believe that your mind is separate from who you really are? Or do you believe that you are your mind? These are pivotal life changing questions to be asking yourself. If life follows you and your words (and even your thoughts), then perhaps being in the driver’s seat matters.
Where do we begin? Someday’s sitting with your thoughts and your mind becomes toxic in and of itself. We rely on our mind. We believe our thoughts and we often get carried away far too much on a daily basis. How is it then that we unhook our thoughts? Here are a 10 techniques that will help.
1) Investigate…take a look at your thought. Is it true? Is it really really true? How do you know it’s true? Where in your life can you say it’s true and not true. Look, really look to see how it’s not true. Even if it’s one example, because if there’s one, there will be more to follow.
2) Look at the belief. Ask yourself, “Who told me this about myself?” Was it a parent, a teacher, a sibling, society, or yourself? When you see who put that belief in you perhaps it isn’t yours. Let it go.
3) Pema Chodron once said, “Don’t believe everything you think.” Give it a go and see what happens next.
4) Life is our friend. Choose to see it that way. Make the intention that the universe if for you, not against you. And when that happens, you can say yes more. Words/thoughts are powerful and if you choose the negative ones, you get to witness them all day long. What is the positive intention in your suffering? What is the positive intention in your negative thoughts. Ask them and they will answer you.
5) Love what arises. Make friends with all your thoughts. Embrace them with 100% enthusiasm, no matter how sarcastic or sadistic they are. Commit 100% for rejoicing in who that voice is and see what happens next. When you offer love, the outcome has only one way to go.
6) Our external world appears in form. Forms appear as objects that we own or don’t own. We can take them or leave them, but we identify with them outside of ourselves as something that we acquire. Our thoughts are forms as well, but we don’t realize it. We can choose to own them or not. We can choose to leave them behind or not. When we see that our emotional life is no different from the physical life, freedom awaits. Learn to surrender your thoughts. Ego creates your suffering but your spiritual self knows really who you are. Listen to that voice instead.
7) Learn techniques to assist in reprogramming your mind.
Meditation for some, is really helpful in this. There are a variety of different ways of learning. Just start.
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is a tapping of meridian points that liberates our well-being in profound ways and works really well.
EMDR is another kind of re patterning of the brain (neural pathways). If you have built-in wiring from childhood traumas, this is a technique that will create a new matrix of thought forms and give emotional freedom.
8) Drop into prayer. Simple prayers are very affective. Here are a few to try out.
Help me loving universe. Help me to surrender my thoughts that I feel out of control with.
Please heal my perspective of ______. Thank you.
Please uplift my spirit and bring joyful expression in my words and thoughts today.
Help me release my sadness or grief or fears today so I may live in divine love and divine grace.
How may I be of service today. Help me help others.
9) Fear knocked at the door, Faith Answered, no one was there. Build up your faith muscles. Start small and go from there. Take windows of your day to practice this. Each mini success you have, it will build on the bigger picture of your life.
10) Begin to allow yourself to have new thoughts. Create an allowing journal. Allow yourself to love. Allow yourself to be gentle and soft with yourself. Allow yourself to ask for help. Allow yourself to allow. Spend 10 minutes in your journal writing all the things you will allow in your life today.
MAKE a Choice today. Do you want to join the “Chain of well- being” or do you want to remain in the “Chain of pain”?
You may think you are the only one suffering when you choose to live in the chain of pain, but it isn’t true. The interdependence follows you. All those around you can be sucked into your world or you can uplift them around you and “entrain” them into your “Chain of well-being” and see how humanity shifts as you make your personal choices. I didn’t say it would be easy, but then again that is another choice, isn’t it?
Whatever comes after the words “I AM”…..follows you. Not only does it follow you but it expands and grows. How do you choose to expand and grow today?