“Life does not play tricks on you. Your mind does.”
Only when we know better, do we do better. Does emotional freedom exist? Do you believe that your mind is separate from who you really are? Or do you believe that you are your mind? These are pivotal life changing questions to be asking yourself. If life follows you and your words (and even your thoughts), then perhaps being in the driver’s seat matters.
Where do we begin? Someday’s sitting with your thoughts and your mind becomes toxic in and of itself. We rely on our mind. We believe our thoughts and we often get carried away far too much on a daily basis. How is it then that we unhook our thoughts? Here are a 10 techniques that will help.
1) Investigate…take a look at your thought. Is it true? Is it really really true? How do you know it’s true? Where in your life can you say it’s true and not true. Look, really look to see how it’s not true. Even if it’s one example, because if there’s one, there will be more to follow.
2) Look at the belief. Ask yourself, “Who told me this about myself?” Was it a parent, a teacher, a sibling, society, or yourself? When you see who put that belief in you perhaps it isn’t yours. Let it go.
3) Pema Chodron once said, “Don’t believe everything you think.” Give it a go and see what happens next.
4) Life is our friend. Choose to see it that way. Make the intention that the universe if for you, not against you. And when that happens, you can say yes more. Words/thoughts are powerful and if you choose the negative ones, you get to witness them all day long. What is the positive intention in your suffering? What is the positive intention in your negative thoughts. Ask them and they will answer you.
5) Love what arises. Make friends with all your thoughts. Embrace them with 100% enthusiasm, no matter how sarcastic or sadistic they are. Commit 100% for rejoicing in who that voice is and see what happens next. When you offer love, the outcome has only one way to go.
6) Our external world appears in form. Forms appear as objects that we own or don’t own. We can take them or leave them, but we identify with them outside of ourselves as something that we acquire. Our thoughts are forms as well, but we don’t realize it. We can choose to own them or not. We can choose to leave them behind or not. When we see that our emotional life is no different from the physical life, freedom awaits. Learn to surrender your thoughts. Ego creates your suffering but your spiritual self knows really who you are. Listen to that voice instead.
7) Learn techniques to assist in reprogramming your mind.
Meditation for some, is really helpful in this. There are a variety of different ways of learning. Just start.
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is a tapping of meridian points that liberates our well-being in profound ways and works really well.
EMDR is another kind of re patterning of the brain (neural pathways). If you have built-in wiring from childhood traumas, this is a technique that will create a new matrix of thought forms and give emotional freedom.
8) Drop into prayer. Simple prayers are very affective. Here are a few to try out.
Help me loving universe. Help me to surrender my thoughts that I feel out of control with.
Please heal my perspective of ______. Thank you.
Please uplift my spirit and bring joyful expression in my words and thoughts today.
Help me release my sadness or grief or fears today so I may live in divine love and divine grace.
How may I be of service today. Help me help others.
9) Fear knocked at the door, Faith Answered, no one was there. Build up your faith muscles. Start small and go from there. Take windows of your day to practice this. Each mini success you have, it will build on the bigger picture of your life.
10) Begin to allow yourself to have new thoughts. Create an allowing journal. Allow yourself to love. Allow yourself to be gentle and soft with yourself. Allow yourself to ask for help. Allow yourself to allow. Spend 10 minutes in your journal writing all the things you will allow in your life today.
MAKE a Choice today. Do you want to join the “Chain of well- being” or do you want to remain in the “Chain of pain”?
You may think you are the only one suffering when you choose to live in the chain of pain, but it isn’t true. The interdependence follows you. All those around you can be sucked into your world or you can uplift them around you and “entrain” them into your “Chain of well-being” and see how humanity shifts as you make your personal choices. I didn’t say it would be easy, but then again that is another choice, isn’t it?
Whatever comes after the words “I AM”…..follows you. Not only does it follow you but it expands and grows. How do you choose to expand and grow today?
Have a great day! Love Shakti
Peace is the essence of happiness,
And that essence is the true nature of being.
May the absolute truth, the Dharma,
Radiate the blessings of peace to this universe
And in the ten directions throughout all time.
May all beings live in the limitless light of loving kindness,
compassion, joy, and universal oneness.
May today and everyday, you receive the blessings of the universal truth
And the perfect spiritual companions.
(Written by Chime Rinpoche)
Enjoy your day.
“Because THAT is what someone who loves themself does!”
The last month for me has had so many things I wanted to share, but everything is accelerating for me that I have literally not had any time to share! It has been a bit frustrating, but I am here now. Currently, I feel as if my life is undergoing a major transformation. I feel these large invisible hands living outside my home and rearranging everything so my life works the way I am asking for it.
We are currently at the tail end of spring break (my son has 2 weeks in April off) so that has also made my time limited here.
To sum up the last few weeks….
As I walked into some really big purposes that you will find out shortly, I have never felt so complete and deeply purposeful. AT the same time, my personal life definitely felt like my soul was dying, and then I launched my artist website the day after. The night of a very emotional morning, we had a visiting Tibetan Doctor (Paltul Rinpoche) and I was in the hot seat for my time with him. I would not call it a “lecture” but it was. He reminded me how loving kindness is the most important thing. He reminded me about patience, tolerance and having my mind in check when it comes to my anger. It was not easy to listen to what I already know but have chosen to not practice. It was really hard to watch the thoughts of shame I was encountering within. Maya Angela always says, “When you know better, you do better.” and yet, it seems somewhat impossible when I am in it.
A few days later my other friend I support as a Tibetan Doctor was visiting me. She is very gifted, her name is Dr. Nashalla Nyinda. She had just finished taking a Tibetan Geomancy refresher class (a fancy kind of Feng Shui that has great power in it) and she spent the week rearranging my house. First with the bedroom to bring harmony and peaceful sleep. It was noticeable that night and every night since. Then the entire downstairs was completely rearranged as it was all not working for me apparently. The front of the house, the colors, every part of my home had some kind of protection, rearranging, or change.
After she left, I spent a few days painting the kitchen, the laundry room, the bathroom….all a color I never would have chosen. It’s called Mountain Mist. It is cooling off all the fire we apparently have in the house. I feel the groundedness, I feel the peace in it. Even the curtains I bought are a robin egg blue and has made a difference on grounding the energy for me.
My husband and I entered into couples counseling together last weekend. The external part of my home is reflecting all the internal changes that have occurred and that are showing how important it is to look at something new. We have been married 15 years and I am just now learning that he doesn’t think he’s ever been able to meet my needs because he doesn’t exactly know what they are. I find this fascinating. Truly. In investigating it with more and more woman, I am hearing the same message over and over, that men don’t understand what women’s needs are. Is this true? I just thought it was a Shakti thing and my husband. But really, the bottom line is always the same. Do I matter? Do you care enough about me to be my witness in life? Are you willing to connect with me as I walk my path and you walk your path. There’s so much here to chat about, but I will save it for a separate blog post.
What really fascinates me are the supporters that are showing up in my life right now. Angela Montano has a program called Rethink Prayer. She is a living breathing prayer wheel in my opinion. She is brilliant and has the most tender loving nature. Her words speak through me in every layer. My biggest “THING” that I can see that has been getting in my way for self-love is I have lost my “FAITH in LOVE”. So as I am stepping out more and more on to bigger platforms, I am recognizing that my question of What would someone who loves themselves do, has become “BECAUSE that is what someone who loves them self does!” And that for me, is claiming love. I am saying, I am willing to have faith in change. I am willing to give my fears over to a bigger power and say “I can do this” because that IS what someone who loves them self does.
As I say yes to being “brave and scared” at the same time, as I say yes to “Faith in Love” and as I say yes to “It’s ok for me to be myself”, my life is accelerating and showing up in ways that require me to stay strong, and hold on. My thoughts of how I handle things are clearly different.
I am embarking in Part 2 of Brene Brown’s e-course of The Gifts of Imperfection and absolutely thrilled to know how far I have come. I can see as the layers of shame have fallen away, my ability to accept myself for who I am are expressing more. I still have extremes going on and I am still quite emotional at times, but this is part of who I am. I can accept that. Learning new ways of communicating, learning new tools for cultivating and practicing them are becoming my “normal” way of thinking now. Such an amazing foundation to share. I really have many things to share and write, however there is only one brain in my head and the push I am doing to finish a project to share for my one year anniversary is taking much of my time. I will do my best to post inspiring things for the next few weeks. 🙂 This is an amazing time for me. Very profound. I look forward to my one year up date, my offerings I have at that time will be very clear as well. Or mostly done. My guides are all telling me it had to be done like “yesterday”….and I just remind them all, I do have small children! They just smile at me and are patient.
“You cannot have a life, You cannot lose a life, You are life. Let your tears be no more than the glittering aftermath of revolution. For your smile is the doorway to bliss, blown open by the proud cathedral of your laughter whose bells can be heard ringing on eternally even in the steadiness of breath. Lay down your fear and come to know the gospel of your glory. And make of yourself a readiness to become anything you should ever want to become.”-Teal Scott- 2011-03-08
Breathe in Joy, Exhale love. Share it all. Be the life you want to be so you can have the life you want to have. It’s the only way.
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle, or you can live as if everything is a miracle.”
It’s such a good day when we can know that the blessings already exists and we don’t need them to come to us. When we wake up and love what we have, we are home. Enjoy this reading. It’s from the Circle of Fire by Don Miguel Ruiz. I just love his book. I wanted to offer his prayer to you all. 🙂
- The Power of Gratitude (aclearplace.com)
- Practicing Gratitude and Thankfulness (kasamba.com)
- Thanksgiving Thoughts (donnamarieauthor.wordpress.com)
Shine on me, shimmer with delight.
Shining in the light, twinkle your light.
Lift the veil and allow the love to sprinkle with delight.
Twinkle twinkle little star, let go of who you think you are.
Out in the world you shine your light.
Touch everyone with great delight.
Twinkle twinkle little star, let go of who you think you are.
( you must sing the bold part).
Copyright Aug. 2013. All rights reserved.